Mid-Week MOT: Overtraining VS Under-resting
Regular exercise is great for body and mind, however, if you are training for more than 5 hours per week and are experiencing the following symptoms - you could be overdoing it.
- extended periods of muscle soreness and fatigue
- low mood/irritability/headaches
- frequent colds or low level infections
- difficulty concentrating
- old injuries coming back to haunt you
- decreased motivation
-stalled or slowed fitness progress
Of course, if you have these symptoms and are not overtraining then you could be under-resting. You need to:
- get enough sleep
- eat well and eat enough
- take your foot off the gas a little and create small, manageable goals
For further advice, speak to a trainer.
For further assessment and injury management book in now with Lucy from OsteoFusion and we can work with you to get you back on track.
Visit: www.osteofusion.co.uk or call 07833 321604